We understand how difficult it can be to get students to eat what's good for them, rather than what simply tastes good. That's why the Lintons culinary team is focused on creating menu items that are not only healthier, but deliver the same great flavor kids expect.
Lintons designs age-segmented lunch and breakfast menus that are balanced, nutritious, and desirable by students and staff. Our continual development of new menu items with our culinary professionals and registered dietitians, along with manufacturer partners, ensures menus are innovative and student-friendly. Along with our menu planning, theme meals, and promotions increase student participation.
- Lintons consistently exceeds the national average for both school breakfast and lunch participation
- Our healthy meals appeal to students
- We replace industry-standard cycle menus with our "Break-the-Cycle" menu program, which offers fresh and innovative monthly menus
- Lintons culinary staff prepare ethnic, vegetarian, and restaurant-inspired meals
- We utilize effective research strategies to increase participation and the consumption of healthy foods while reducing food waste
Expanded Meals & Concept Dining
Supporting students with well-balanced nutrition occurs in a variety of ways.
Various dining options — including smart snacks, healthy beverages, and smoothies — help students stay energized throughout the academic day and are available for faculty, staff, and visitors.
We create age-segmented dining brands that incorporate favorite foods, menu trends, and marketing concepts to increase daily participation in your school lunch program.
Lintons meal stations can be themed with individual identities to serve specific menu items and enhance the dining experience. Examples include grill stations, made-to-order delis, and international foods sections. We provide:
- Grab-and-go selections
- Age-specific dining concepts
- Kiosk areas for an optimized service flow
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack offerings
- A la carte programs
Activities & Engagement
Lintons utilizes fresh ideas throughout the school year to promote and enhance the breakfast and lunch program at the schools we serve.
Specifically designed to help target an area of opportunity, we work with the school to determine and use various resources to grow the food program.
- Theme Meals spark interest and provide the opportunity to introduce new foods. Examples include National Curry Day, Mardi Gras, Greek Festival, and Southern Soul Food
- National School Breakfast Week helps educate students on the benefits and importance of eating a healthy school breakfast while promoting the school breakfast program
- National School Lunch Week is a week-long celebration capped off with healthy or educational prizes such as athletic gear or reading tablets
- Family-Style Service helps to promote the development of social and communication skills through the interaction of students and staff a family dining environment
- Let's Move educates students on the importance of daily physical activity with nutritious food choices
- Team Nutrition focuses on a different topic each month — from choosing healthy snacks, to daily exercise, to food safety — and supports the USDA initiative to promote lifelong healthy choices
- Chef's Move to Schools utilizes the creativity and culinary expertise of volunteer chefs who can positively impact students eating habits
- Fuel Up to Play 60 gets your students in the health game with in-school nutrition and physical activity program launched by National Dairy Council and NFL, in collaboration with the USDA, to help encourage today's youth to lead healthier lives.