A Recipe for a Healthy School. From students making healthier choices to improved academic performance, nutrition education can benefit the whole school.
Lintons’ dedicated Director of Child Nutrition Education and Community Outreach will work directly with school representatives and its community to implement Child Nutrition Educational Programs. The curriculum is taught through assemblies, teaching aides, and other various resource materials for classroom education. Lintons promotes proper nutrition and exercise for all students.
- Grade-specific instruction and lessons.
- Uses vocabulary and activities appropriate for each age.
- Incorporates STEAM = Science & Technology interpreted through Engineering & the Arts, all based in Mathematical elements.
- Focus is on one topic at a time and lessons build on each other allowing students to absorb and understand what they’ve learned.
- Culinary classes to compliment the nutrition education puts lessons into practice, students discover how to make healthy smoothies, no bake energy bites, and how to grow their own food.
We serve as a community resource in the area of nutrition education to parents, students, health services and other civic groups. Connecting with local community partners we strengthening students experiences which are valuable lessons far beyond the classroom. This comprehensive approach to nutrition education and eating healthy, include Vetri Community Partnership, Greener Partners and The Food Trust organizations.
- Are experts in NSLP regulations
- Participate in community health fairs
- Support farm to school initiatives
- Participates in Healthy School Wellness Committee
- Assists in preparation of Administration Review
- Monitor and communicate Child Nutrition State and Federal regulations